This crusty white bread is delicious, that's all there is to it. Paired with a little bit of my mom's muscadine jelly, it's absolutely addictive. It's the best thing since, well, sliced bread!
~Crusty White Bread
2 Envelopes of active dry yeast
2 c. warm water (105-115 degrees)
1/2 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 c. vegetable oil
1 T. salt
1 T. lemon juice
6 c. bread flour
1. Combine yeast, warm water, and 2 t. sugar in a bowl of a stand mixer. Let stand five minutes Stir in eggs and next three ingredients, 3 c. flour, and remaining sugar. Beat dough at medium speed using paddle attachment until smooth. Gradually, beat in remaining 3 c. flour until soft dough forms.
2. Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic (8 to 10 minutes), sprinkling surface with flour as needed. Spray bowl with Pam spray and place dough in turning to grease top. Cover with plastic wrap and place in microwave for about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down; turn out onto lightly-floured surface. Divide dough into thirds.
4. Roll each third into a rectangle. Starting at one short end, tightly roll up each rectangle jelly-roll fashion, pressing to seal edges as you roll. Pinch ends of dough to seal, and tuck ends under dough. Place each roll, seam side down, in a lightly greased loaf pan. Spray tops with Pam. Cover and let rise in microwave for about an hour or until doubled in bulk.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until loaves are deep golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans to wire rack and brush the tops with butter. Let cool for an hour before slicing.