Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Honeydew You Love Me?

Cooking= Love. My family and I can taste the love that my Mom cooks with when we sample her amazing food. I have watched her culinary talents with awe since I was sitting in my high chair in the kitchen. As soon as I was old enough to see over the counter, I was my Mom’s little helper-- chopping veggies and measuring ingredients. She has taught me everything I know about cooking.


When I left for college at the University of South Carolina in the fall of 2008, little time was left for cooking, especially since I shared an outdated 1970‘s kitchen with thirty-nine other co-eds. Needless to say, my cooking abilities during this first year were limited to dishes that could be warmed in the microwave.


When I moved into my apartment during my sophomore year, however, I had more room and better appliances that allowed me to experiment with different recipes. In my spare time, between classes and studying Organic Chemistry, my fascination with food grew. I began reading blogs and learning more about food through trial and error and under my Mom's tutelage.


“Honeydew you love me?” chronicles my adventures in the kitchen to make simple, delicious, and (mostly) healthy food to show my love for my family and friends. Tell someone you love them by making them something delicious!